Saturday, July 4, 2009

Watch out Eros...


...because Monday, July 6th is the big day and it's almost here. And no matter what, this blogathon, centered around the 50th anniversary of Ed Wood's masterwork Plan 9 From Outer Space but focusing on all of Wood's work as well as the work of anyone else working with low-budgets and a can-do attitude, will happen. Why?

Because of death. Because all you of Earth are idiots!

Allow me to explain.

Take a can of your gasoline. Say this can of gasoline is your blog. Now, you spread a thin line of blog posts concerning the can-do spirit of Ed Wood to a ball, representing my blog. Now, the gasoline represents the different blogs, the blog posts. Here we saturate the ball, my blog, with the gasoline, the blog posts. Then we put a flame, representing a link, to the ball, my blog. The flame, or link, will speedily travel around my blog, back along the line of blog posts to the can, or the originating blog itself, so that everyone can read it. It will explode this source and spread to every place that gasoline, our blog posts, touches. Explode the blog posts here, gentlemen, you explode the blog-a-verse.

Yes, you read that right. I hope to destroy the internet with this blog-a-thon. Oh no, wait, I mean, save the internet by preventing you from blowing it up by providing a central repository of... no wait, that's wrong too. Okay I think I have it now. If you take a can of ethanol... no, that doesn't work either. Tanna, would you take over? People probably think I'm mad.

Tanna (to the readers): "Mad? Is it mad that you destroy other bloggers to save yourselves? You have done this. Is it mad that one blog must destroy another to save themselves? You have also done this. How then is it mad that one internet must destroy another who threatens the very existence-..."

Greg: That's enough! In my land, women are for ... hmmm... better not say that next part.

So anyway, show up all week and contribute in any way you can. Remember, it's the Spirit of Ed Wood we're celebrating so it can be about any filmmaker working with meager resources and a grandiose vision. Some may be genuinely good filmmakers, some mediocre, some downright bad. It's up to you. I hope to see you here in the future because that is where all of us are going to spend the rest of our lives!