Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TOERIFC November (plus other TOERIFC announcements)


First and foremost, Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters is the selection for TOERIFC November and will be hosted by Krauthammer on Monday the 23rd. It is not, repeat NOT, available on i-tunes, Amazon Video on Demand or Netflix Instant which means you have to get the DVD itself. If you have not done so DO IT NOW! It will be upon us in only six days.

Second, I'd like to request that we bump everyone back a month and take December off. I know that pushes people back one more month who have been waiting a long time to host a selection but I think it's important that we give ourselves some downtime to avoid overload burnout and December is the perfect month for it in my opinion. If you've got kids it's the time where, starting around the middle of the month (which is usually when we post), school is school "in name only" and preparations are being made for the oh-so insufferable holidays as they quickly approach and so it'd be nice to just take a month off. Last December I took a whole week off from just before Christmas to after the New Year and it was great. I highly recommend it.

Third, I've still got everyone's e-mails who wants to be a part of it and I'm happy to put their link in the sidebar (which I will eventually) but if you are interested I ask two things only: Put "Toerifc" in the subject header of the e-mail for easy retrieval later and two, participate. I'm not calling anyone out you understand, I'm really not. I'm simply saying that I get e-mails asking how someone can be a member and write up a film. I write back and say all you have to do is watch the movie and join in and at a later date we can discuss when you can host a selection. Then, nothing. They never join in. Now we have several members who have trouble joining in due to work and time issues. I understand that and have noted that pretty much all of them still manage to chime in with at least one comment to offer praise on the write-up and apologize for not being able to take part. I've got nothing but thanks for anyone who takes the time to do that and if you go to the main site you will see their names on the selection list and they'll stay there. So if you've had trouble joining in due to work or time, believe me, I understand and I'm not referring to you. But for anyone thinking about e-mailing me whose only real interest is in drawing attention to their blog via a write-up, well, that's not really what we're about. We really are here to discuss the movie in question and if that's what you want to do then by all means you are welcome any time.

That's all and remember: Mishima, Monday, November 23rd at 10:00 a.m. EST. Hope to see you there. Below is the sidebar banner for anyone who wants to use it. Thanks.