Thursday, November 6, 2008

About the Name that Movie thing


I apologize for the fluctuating templates here today as I updated mine. I got tired of the crowded sidebar and had never thought of adding buttons along the top instead until I saw Rick Olson's redesign. So that's done now and the links to everyone on the blogroll will be added back in later today or tonight so everyone will get a fresh technorati hit. If I forget anyone, let me know.


Now as to the Name that Movie thing on the sidebar. I enjoy guessing games and have wanted to do one again since several months back when Bill won the first one. But that took a lot of effort: Putting together dummy blogs, a riddle for each one, trying to keep track of everyone guessing, etc. I don't want to do all that again, no thanks. However, people love winning things and I love giving away a new DVD once in a blue moon so here's the deal: Once a week, a new Name that Movie will go up in the sidebar. Whoever guesses correctly first gets a point. And just go ahead and guess in the comment section, not on YouTube. Now, I'm sure as hell not giving away a DVD each week for each correct guess so the rules are whoever gets to 25 points first wins. That way it's a once every six months game and once every six months I can afford the DVD. And remember, it's a DVD of your choosing (no box sets unless they're under 50 bucks) and $49.99 and under. Shipping will be taken care of by me. So that's that.

Rick Olson guessed correctly with Mon Oncle for the first one but since no one was participating and Fox was the first to humor me by guessing on YouTube, I'm giving him a point too. So as it stands right now it's Rick - 1 and Fox -1.