Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Dead Walk Amongst Us



That would be all we bloggers who have been working hard to post every day and keep the fires of October burning brightly, or darkly as it were. It's been a hell of a Kill Fest here and there's only one day to go. Posting this much and this often isn't my normal style and an unusually heavy workload at my real job and computer problems at home made for an even tougher go of it. And with one day left I would be remiss if I didn't mention Arbogast and his 31 Screams, Bill and his daily horror book review plus Rick keeping the vampire myth perpetuating, Pat (Evil Clown) going nuts for a month and even Bob getting down and dirty for the month. I would also be remiss if I didn't apologize to my many favorite bloggers who may not have seen much of me this month. With work and then especially with the home computer problems I had to use my time at work, uh, working and quickly checking in here when I could.

My post tomorrow will be the month end movie. It's a little different than what you're used to seeing here at Cinema Styles. It's 2 minutes and 45 seconds but only a little over a minute of that is the actual montage. And in that minute I cram in over 50 clips so it moves fast, very fast. As such, I highly recommend opening it, pausing it and letting it load up fully before starting. The rest is the "program" that surrounds it. Just imagine it's 1958 and you're at a drive-in and everything should work out fine. There's even a logo for Cinema Styles in there, made to look how it might have were it a super low budget film company operating in the late fifties rather than a movie blog operating today.

And finally, starting November (if I can get to a computer that works on Saturday) the blog will have a new design with a few new features. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Now for some more coffee and, ugh, back to work.