Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In the Land Before CGI: Tora! Tora! Tora!

This edition of "In the Land Before CGI" is a day late but hopefully not a dollar short. It was intended as a Memorial Day edition but with relatives in town my attentions were distracted for the better as I enjoyed cookouts, walks and healthy conversation. So here it is today, ready to go. It begins what will be tradition for this series, in-video narration rather than an essay on the topic followed by video of the special effects. After this explanation for this inaugural narrated post all others will simply be posted sans text. And hopefully the sound will improve. I'm still not happy with the recording quality (using the laptop built-in microphone) as I think it sounds a bit like it was recorded from the speakers of a transistor radio. Also, some of it comes off a bit hard to understand to these ears and some of it is inaudible (for instance, there's music behind all the narration but for some reason, now I can't really hear it until the end). Fortunately, I say absolutely nothing of importance this time around, simply rehashing the film's main story concerns and listing the credits. I hope you enjoy it.



P.S. You may have also noticed a new template here at Cinema Styles. In putting it up I lost my links and have reinstated them from my blogger following list but not everyone is on Blogger so if you don't see your link, I'm working on it. They should be back up in a week and if by then you still don't see your link just send me a reminder and I'll put it back up. Thanks.