Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another day?



Is that the best you can come up with? "Tomorrow is another day?" Try this on for size: Tomorrow is a brand new day. See, that's optimistic! That's saying, "Tomorrow is a brand new opportunity for me to turn things around, to really make a change for the better!" But "another day?" It's generic. Tuesday last week? Another day. Third Friday this October? Another day. That time you slapped Prissy around before squeezing a baby out of Melanie? Another day. They're all just another day, each and every one of them. Just a couple of words waiting for Paul McCartney to put some music on 'em. If that's the best you can do to motivate yourself I gotta be honest with you, I don't blame Rhett for leaving you. I mean really, who wants to be with someone with such a weak grasp of motivational language? I'd probably leave you too. And not to be too picky, but as the final statement on the four hour story of your life? One word: Limp. I could go on, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.