Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cinema Styles Needs Your Help So Put on Your Thinking Caps!


You may have noticed I have this thing with constantly changing banners. You noticed that right? Now I want you to get involved in the process! Whenever I make a new banner (I make about ten or so a week on average so I'm well, well ahead of the game) it's always the same process. First I take the screengrab or what have you and format it to 750 by 300 pixels so they're all the same size. Quality control and consistency is very important here at Cinema Styles. So for instance, if it's a pre-widescreen era film then I have to do some photoshopping to get it to fit the 750 by 300 requirements. Like this one for The Red Balloon:



On the left you see the final banner and on the right you see the pic I started with. Then once I've photoshopped everything into place I come up with a clever, or stupid, depending on how you look at it, tagline for the banner. Like this from I Walked With a Zombie:



Now it doesn't have to be a take off on the title. It can be anything, like my Lord of the Flies banner that was captioned, "We'll never use Piggy's glasses to light the fires of controversy. Promise."


So where do you come in? With a new banner, that's where. It's a screengrab from Gaslight and as usual I have expanded the frame by drawing in the back wall to fit the 750 by 300 requirements of the banner size. But...


But...


I don't know what to say! This actually happens quite a lot so this might be the first of many I ask for help on. I have banner pictures I put together months ago that I still don't have a caption for. With this one I came up with "Cinema Styles. We'll never try to gaslight you," but that's kind of boring and how many blogs are purposely trying to make you think you're insane anyway? Well Arbogast maybe. Can anyone come up with something better?


Here's the banner:



You'll notice I have a nice blank space on the left side just waiting to be filled in. Top left will say "Cinema Styles" of course, and the bottom left will say... I don't know. You tell me. Submit your captions in the comment section and let's fight over who's is the best. Then I'll put it on and put it up. And thanks in advance. Sometimes I just need a little help with these things.


********


Click banners to enlarge.


*****ARCHIVED HALOSCAN COMMENTS FOR THIS POST HERE*****