Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Favorite Moments: Forbidden Planet plus a Music Video



The only thing missing from this clip is a cartoon timpani at the end or a "boing" sound. Still, I appreciate the filmmakers taking the time to give us a glimpse into Robby's "Me" Time.

But don't go away yet, there's more! I put together a music video of Forbidden Planet using the music of J Ralph. On my old YouTube page I got a lot of the old "copyright infringement" rigmarole so I decided with my new Cinema Styles YouTube page I was going to start contacting the artists directly and ask if they had a problem with it. Mr. Ralph, composer of the score for Lucky Number Slevin, not only had no problem but said the video "looks cool." So here it is, Forbidden Planet: The Video. Turn it up or put on headphones to fully appreciate the mean-ass guitar at the 1:15 mark. And then when the monster appears... well... is there a fifties sci-fi movie with a cooler monster? Not in my book. The video goes through the whole movie from beginning to end, set to the music The Desert Suit Conspiracy by J. Ralph. Enjoy.