Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other


So I'm sitting at the bus stop rappin' with my peeps (not my actual peeps just some upstanding citizens baking in the heat with me) and I'm all like, "Dude, if you could choose 12 movies to play at the New Beverly Cinema over six days what would they be?" So anywho, they were all like, "Dark Knight! Dark Knight! Dark Knight!" And then I was all like, "No man, it's gotta be 12, not just the same one over and over again." And then they went all totally, "Dark Knight! Dark Knight! Dark Knight!" So I was like, screw this man, gotta find me some better peeps.

That's when I decided, hey, I'll just ask my fellow bloggers. What better peeps could a dude have? But then I thought, why ask, I'll just make it up for them. So now, in response to Pat Piper's 12 movie meme (which he tagged me for and I shall now respond to even though I'm not a meme kind of a guy if you know what I meme - ahahhahahhahhahha, get it? Get it? Know what I meme? Hahahahahahaha. How do I do it?) I give you the Film Bloggers six day 12 movie double feature according to blogger, in alphabetical order.


Day One - Arbogast Day


The Vampire Lovers (1970)
Vampyr (1932)

Why? Because he just mentioned the other day that lesbian vampires were necessary in art AND he did a post the other day on Carl Dreyer's Vampyr AND both are loosely based on Carmilla. Goddamn I'm good.


*****


Day Two - Bill Day


Miller's Crossing (1990)
Dazed and Confused (1993)
Why? He likes one and not the other and they're the two movies that brought these two great minds together on some other blog run by some other guy, can't remember who.


*****


Day Three - Fox Day


The Dark Knight (2008)
Memento (2000)
Why? Because I'm an asshole. Deal with it.


*****


Day Four - Marilyn Day


Harlan County U.S.A. (1976)
The War Game (1965)
Why? Because Harlan County U.S.A. was the first review of hers I read thanks to the Double Bill Blogathon and I'm obsessed with documentaries on the devastation of nuclear war and I've never seen The War Game and have always wanted to and so here's my chance (I love a good run-on sentence).


*****


Day Five - Rick Day


Down and Out in Beverly Hills (1986)
The Outrage (1964)

Why? I'm cruel as well. Deal with that too.


*****


Day Six - Sheila Day


The Clock (1945)
Witness (1985)
Why? Simple. Sheila likes them both and both films are about two people meeting from two different worlds only in exact reverse. In The Clock, naive Robert Walker goes to the big city and meets Judy Garland, falling in love with her in her more dangerous world. In Witness hardened Harrison Ford goes to the country and meets Kelly McGillis, falling in love with her in her more innocent world.


*****


My apologies to all the bloggers out there I couldn't go with having only six to choose from (except for Piper and Adam who tagged me for this which automatically disqualified them). You know I love you all but I only had six so...

Any blogger not used can consider yourself tagged!

*****

This has been a part of Pat Piper's 12 Movie Meme thingy in which we meme what we say... hahahahahahahahahaha ... oh, cough, choke, gag... Really, how do I keep it going? How?


*****ARCHIVED HALOSCAN COMMENTS FOR THIS POST HERE*****