Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Meeting of the Minds



So last night I had my first face to face encounter with a fellow blogger. Nathaniel R. of The Film Experience, where I semi-regularly guest blog, was in town (Washington, D.C.) on some other business and we decided to meet up for dinner and drinks. The first hour went about as you'd expect: We drank one Aqua Velva after another and tried to determine the identity of a cryptic serial killer known only as "The Zodiac." Finally I slammed my fist down and shouted, "It's Larry King! Why won't you just accept that?" Then we moved on.

As you can probably guess, that didn't happen but we did have a great time and, surprisingly, talked very little about movies and blogging. Oh we did talk about movies and blogging but not as much as each of us thought we would. But I'll not bore you with details. Suffice it to say I had a great time. So much so that I couldn't help but wonder, when are some of you other bloggers going to make your way down here (or up here or over here depending on where you are) and share some blog/movies/life talk with me?


Now I don't mean someone who blogs that I'm not familiar with or anything, because one of the advantages of meeting up with Nathaniel is that we already "knew" each other well enough that there wasn't any tedious small talk. I mean my fellow bloggers that know me well from comments and discussion. You know who you are. Anyway, I'll get something more substantial up later today, tonight or tomorrow (even though I'm sure everyone loves reading about my nights on the town) but for now I just wanted to mention the Movie Blogger Meeting of the Minds. Hopefully more will follow.