Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!


The proprietors of Cinema Styles, all one of us, have decided that a game must be held. It is a movie game and it comes with a prize, provided there is a winner.

The game is open to all and hopefully all will compete in the spirit of international peace and camaraderie and all that stuff. The game begins next week so keep your calendars open. This is not a game of obscure movie screengrabs but of movie knowledge.


I will not describe the rules until the game begins, lest some nefarious gamester get a heads up. Suffice it to say you will be provided with a riddle that will, hopefully, bring to mind a movie title. That will lead you to an undisclosed location on the interwebbing netting tubes where you will receive another riddle. Once you have successfully navigated the oh so clever minefield of websites and their various riddles you will at last be directed to one more undisclosed location where you will be presented with a trivia question. A single, solitary trivia question. The first person to answer the question in the comment section is the winner. And I don't care if you know it or have to look it up, as long as it's the right answer. The prize, as with the last picture game, is a DVD of your choice with the following caveats:


1. It must be $49.99 or under. I am not a rich man but I do have some DVD ordering tricks up my sleeve. Which leads me to ...


2. It must be available on Amazon.com, because that's where I'm getting it from, due to certain shipping deals I have as well as credits.


And it is open to all! Ladies, gentlemen, bloggers and commenters alike. And don't worry if you're an anonymous blogger like The Siren or Arbogast and you want to play but think, "Oh no, if I win he will have my real name and address." I'm anonymous too, as we all now know, and I can tell you absolutely and wholeheartedly I don't care to ever discuss your real name with anyone, anywhere at any time so don't worry. If you don't believe me just ask Larry Aydlette. I knew who he was long before anyone knew him as anything other than The Shamus and trust me, I didn't tell anyone. I do not gossip and I do not divulge anonymous identities to anyone for any reason. Really, I truly don't. I know how important they are.


So come one, come all to the First Annual Cinema Styles (insert clever movie trivia game name here) Game Thingy. Play as often as you like, although I'm not sure why you would because there's only one winner: Whoever gets that comment answer up first.


The game will begin Tuesday, April 29th at 2:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. That places it in the middle of the day so that those up late on the other side of the world can play, those on the East Coast just coming back from lunch and having no intention of doing any more work for the rest of the day can play and those on the West Coast who will be only an hour away from lunch and, in all likelihood, have no intention of getting any work done before then can play. It's a win-win situation all around.


Tuesday, April 29th, 2:00 P.M. EST. Be there!