Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dardos Lives!


Ah Dardos, how I have longed for your acceptance, and now I have it. But I must act fast to bestow you upon others before someone else gets there first. What is Dardos? Ha ha, silly human, do you really have to ask? Of course you do because, like me, you have no idea what it is. It's an award. What kind of award? This kind:

“The Dardos Awards is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”

And if you are Dardoed you must do this:

1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.

2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Well the person that granted me the award is Flickhead, beautiful Flickhead, sad Flickhead, mad Flickhead. Oh no wait, that's Carlotta from Vertigo. Sorry. But Flickhead is incomparable and I'm honored that he selected me. And now I should select five. Five out of so many. Actually, it's easy. I intend no offense to those wonderful bloggers I have become friends with over the last (almost) two years but there are five that were the first friends I made, and admired for their talents and taste so the choice is easy:

Dennis Cozzalio, first ever commenter on Cinema Styles & Larry Aydlette, fine writer who knows his movies and his music. Yes, this first is a bit of a cheat since I'm awarding two for one but I always think of Dennis and Larry in the same breath and can't award one without the other.

Kimberly Lindbergs - We started visiting each others' blogs back in August of 2007 and feel the same about so many things (especially critics, new movies and blogging).


Bill R. - Met him back in 07 too, and he quickly became a regular here before finally starting up his own blog.


Marilyn Ferdinand - Not many writers out there more gracious and more talented than she.

Arbogast on Film - A good friend, on and off the blogs (and the most recent winner of the world famous Name That Movie contest), he is an excellent writer (my wife brings up his reviews more than mine) and a world class wit, on the order of Wilson Mizner (at least I'm pretty sure he thinks so).

Since I can only go with five I apologize to all my good blogging friends whom I could not bestow this award upon but I am confident at five links a piece for each winner by this time tomorrow 95 percent of the blogging world will be a Dardos winner. Congratulations everyone!