Friday, January 16, 2009

Mystery Couple


It's a mystery movie they're playing in and their identity is a mystery too. To you that is, not to me. I'm the one that scanned it so I ought to know. But I'll be honest with you, I didn't know who they were before I scanned the photo. Or maybe I did. What do I mean by that? Well...

She's a mystery regardless. With bit parts and only a handful of leads in B-Pictures, she retired from film in 1942. But the male lead, that's a different story. Turns out I've heard his voice a thousand times, and if you're over thirty, you probably have too. And the director? One of the big ones, to cinephiles at least. The average moviegoer probably isn't as familiar with him.

Too much more and I'll give the game away, which as always, I plan on doing anyway with a series of increasingly telling clues (by the way, the actor's name still may not be familiar to you but the clues will lead you to him nonetheless).

But for now - Does anyone have any idea what this movie is and who these two actors are?